If you have a sibling, you know all about sibling rivalry. I have a younger sister; she's almost 5 years younger than I am. And oh, how we would fight, and sometimes still do!! Over mom's attention, our friends, our families, how much money we made, saved, spent, etc. I believe that, for all intents & purposes, sibling rivalry can be and usually is, quite healthy for all involved. However, when it comes to my two children, come the end of November, it can be quite interesting to say the least!!
This photo was taken on their last day of school, before Thanksgiving break. It was Ohio State/Michigan Day at school. Normally, the students are encouraged to dress up in full on Ohio State garb, but not my girl!! She is her Grandpa Cooley's granddaughter through & through!! And keep in mind, the "Big Game" was still 5 days away at this point. Which brings me to the Saturday after Thanksgiving; aka THE BIG DAY!!
We always go to Timbuk Tree Farm the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Always. It just so happened, due to scheduling changes, that the Ohio State-Michigan game fell on that particular Saturday. So, we go to Timbuk, after picking up Brian's mom, so she can get her tree as well. We make our way to where the Canaan Fir trees are growing. Normally, we get a White Pine, but this year, I wanted something different. I won't make that mistake again. Anyway, we pick a tree, and Grandma picks her tree, and we carry them to Timbuk Lodge. The workers carefully wrap our trees and prop them against the fence, for us to pick up later, and we make our way inside the Lodge. Normally, on this day, the place is packed with families having hot cocoa, hot dogs, popcorn, etc, and lots & lots of kids standing in line to sit on Santa and Mrs. Claus' laps. However, with THE BIG GAME kicking off around noon, the place was busy, but there was no line for Santa & his better half on this day. So, we find us some seats, take off our coats, hats, gloves, scarves, mittens, ear muffs, etc, and the kids & I make our way to Santa & Mrs. Claus. My kids have sat on the same Santa's lap since their 1st Christmas!! Mrs. Claus recognized Sarah from last year. I was amazed!!
Anyway....at this particular point in this post, I was going to insert an photo of Sarah sitting on Mrs. Claus' lap & Andy sitting on Santa's...but, for some reason I am not able to upload another picture at the moment. Suffice it to say, that Andy, of course was decked out in his full Ohio State garb, and Sarah was proudly sporting her Maize & Blue. Mr. & Mrs. Claus got a nice chuckle, and although you'll have to use your imagination for the time being, I got a really cute picture!!
And before I get a lot of flack for this, I will let you know that our beloved Wolverines went down in defeat (again) to the Buckeyes (again). *sigh* There's always next year, I suppose!!
Love & Hugs to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment