Holy Cow!! I can't believe it's November already!! I mean, weren't we just ringing in the New Year 2010 yesterday!!?? I guess it is true what they say....the older you get, the faster the days speed by, and before you know it, a new year is upon us!!
I have a few Thanksgiving decorations out, a little wooden turkey and some pilgrim nik-naks, and of course the obligatory pumpkin spice and autumn scented candles sitting about the kitchen & living room. I swear, I could light a candle every day for the next 2 years, and not have to buy any!! I am that addicted to candles! The only problem I have with this predicament, is that fact that I'm hardly ever home enough to actually be able to enjoy burning them.
I'm slowly going through the kids' summer clothes and packing away the things I know will not fit them next year. The mother in law & I will most likely have another yard sale next year, over Labor Day weekend. I am setting aside a few things to give to one of my friends for her son & daughter. I love being able to give hand me downs to my friends....makes me feel so blessed! The only things my kids will need for winter is possibly new snow boots (Andy's feet just continue to grow out of control), new hats, mittens/gloves, & scarves, and some long sleeved shirts. Sarah will need jeans soon as well. I have a feeling that even though she is still quite petite, her legs are exceptionally long. All of her 8 slim sized jeans & pants are now 6 inches too short, although most still fit her quite well every where else. And what I am finding is that the 10 slim jeans that she's been wearing fit her in length just right at the moment. Something is telling me that my girl just might skip a size and move right into 12 slims by the end of the year!!!
Football & cheer season is officially over!! Andy's team finished 5-2 for the year!! Not too bad!! I never got around to posting any photos. But let me assure you, I took massive amounts of pictures of both Andy & Sarah!! We turn in equipment this weekend, and then the following weekend is the end of season party. Just like in years passed, I made some amazing friends during the season. Some of the friendships blossomed during baseball season, and just got stronger during football season. Funny how your kids activities can bring to people you never thought you'd be friends with...just another one of the many blessings in my life.
I have begun my Christmas shopping, and am feeling very overwhelmed about it this year. You see, usually I am at least 1/2 way done with my shopping by now, and I'm only about 1/4 of the way done at present. And I hate it!! I did manage to do some online shopping today: Cabela's, Amazon, & Justice. I am having a terrible time with shopping for my 10 year old daughter this year. I hate these tween years with a passion. She's not quite old enough or mature enough for things like a laptop, or a cell phone and yet I feel she's too old to still play with babies & Littlest Pet Shop toys. Or perhaps, because of today's society, I am feeling the pressure from the media, my daughter, her friends, and sometimes even some parents, to just let her grow up already. Well, I'm sorry...I'm not ready to just "let her grow up!!" Dammit! My kids are only 10, and they are simply still kids!! What is so wrong with just letting them be kids?!?! *sigh* Anyway....what does Santa bring a 10 year old girl who isn't quite a teenager, but isn't a little girl anymore?! And yes, both of my children still believe in Santa, and I am quite okay with that!!
Love & hugs to you all!!
WIS, WWA | kombucha observation
13 hours ago
3 comments:
Ummm, I can aide in your candle addiction if you want! Sydney is raising money to go on a trip to Hawaii with Girl Scouts and will soon be selling Gold Canyon (I think) candles....hee hee! Let me know if you want any, or know anyone who does!!
Send me the info....when you get it...I've ordered Gold Canyon before...love them!! =)
Right there with you Ang! I AGREE!!! Don't let her grow up yet...too soon! :)
Post a Comment